A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Resolutions

It's pretty obvious that the only event of any importance that happened in my life in 2012 was the arrival of Harrison into the world. So, no need for a recap of the year. I was pregnant... then I wasn't. I had no children, then I had one. The best one. If 2012 brought this, 

what could 2013 bring that could possibly be better??

After a riveting New Years Eve celebration of eating buffalo chicken dip and drinking champagne until approximately 12:10 when it was lights out, I thought seriously about my New Years resolutions. 

1. Be better hydrated. 

On average, I pee about twice a day. That is not good. I once read that dehydration causes about 80% of all aches and pains, so as a firm believer of that statistic, I feel like the quality of my life would drastically improve with some increased water consumption. 

2. Be able to live a normal life until Homeland returns. 

The second season of Homeland ended weeks ago, yet I still think about it daily. As if it even needs to be said, I am obsessed. I fear in my life that without Homeland, I will start going mentally insane, so as a resolution, I aim to be able to exist without it. I will probably just have to look at pictures of Damian Lewis and Claire Danes on the reg as a rehab treatment. 

3. Get a job. 

Sooner or later, aka sooner, I will need some income. I'm not rushing towards employment, simply because any time I think about having to leave Harrison with someone other than Dave for an extended period, and also having to provide enough breast milk to keep him full for hours, gives me slight anxiety. I know plenty of moms do this just fine, and their babies survive the ordeal, that doesn't make it any more comforting to me. I'm just going to pretend that he will miss me as much as I'll miss him, even though in reality, he will forget I even left about 2 seconds after I'm out the door. 

4. Become famous simply so that I can be on Dancing With the Stars.

No explanation needed.

As a New Years treat for you, here a few more pics from Harrison's baby modeling debut:



Ole!
You can thank Neil Patrick Harris, as well as my mom and stepdad for the cuteness. 

4 comments:

  1. Obviously, I firmly agree with #1, since it relates to one of my biggest fears, although I'm upset the phrase "shooting out of me" wasn't used. I've never seen Homeland, so no comment there. We have plenty of jobs in Maryland, move here. There are plenty of things that need accounting here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the back to school look for Harrison! The glasses are a nice touch! If I don't lug a 32 oz water bottle around with me, I am pretty much dehydrated. I am also dying to watch Homeland, but we don't get Showtime. Do you know anywhere you can watch it free? And I know how you feel about working/childcare. But, if you become famous, than you won't have to get a real job! Better get on #4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harrison in glasses is the cutest/funniest thing I've ever seen. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nerdy photo! When is his birthday? Is he really almost 1 already?

    ReplyDelete