A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

You know you are lazy when cleaning is a big accomplishment

I have a huge weekend coming up. Friday night, Harrison's grandma and aunt are coming to visit, and Saturday, I'm having a girls day because Dave is going to Toronto for a Lakers game. For the record, there is nothing I despise more than the Los Angeles Lakers. I swear, the Lakers are more dear to Dave's heart than both Harrison and me. Anyways, you may not think that sounds so huge, but for me it is. I literally don't see other adults besides Dave for days on end, so the fact that I get 5 visitors over the course of 2 days is quite exciting. What makes this more exciting is that one of my girlfriends that is coming over just got engaged! She is my bff so I have a good feeling that the entire day will be spent Pinterest-ing wedding ideas. 
Oh wait, this is my life
In preparation for the upcoming guests, I went a little cleaning crazy yesterday. This is also huge for me because while I like to tidy up, I hate to actually clean. Yesterday, I tackled our bedroom, which was getting pretty horrendous. You know its bad when even I need to pick up. Harrison was taking a miraculously long nap, which gave me enough time to additionally put away the last of the Christmas gifts, do all the dishes, and finally put pictures in a standing picture frame that has been picture-less since we moved in. Whoops.
Little, if you are reading this, that is the Geneseo onesie you gave us!
I know my cleaning plans are really exciting, so thanks for sticking through that, if you did. The fact is, that is my boring life and you have to accept it for what it is. 

Today my plans consist of cleaning the bathrooms, and possibly driving out to the closest Starbucks (which is probably 20 minutes away, so really, not close at all), because I have a giftcard and I get bored and why not?

I have not yet captured a photo of Harrison's beautiful bum, but I was trying to get a pic of his serious boobies. 
I failed at truly documenting how big those boobies really are, but check out those guns! NYS just passed a bunch of gun laws, however nothing can get in the way of those babies. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in for a fun couple of days! Nice job cleaning up the apartment. I'm insane about cleaning and have been living with the messiest office for 2 months now and finally got to clean it out and it makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite I don't mind cleaning but I hate picking up because I never know where to put anything and am terribly unorganized. You should still go old school and get one of those giant bridal magazines to look through. Damn, I need to pick up my tickets to the gun show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those muscles! And we need a bum pic...like asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come to realize that I only get motivation to extensively clean when I know I am having guests come over as well...I've learned to sort of give up in between due to some messy roommates of mine..sigh. But I always look for appreciation when I'm finished with my masterpiece, that is, a clean home..so I totally understand your need to share!

    I also got a starbucks gift card, and I swear, the minute I know I am 100% healthy, I am venturing to Brockport to visit you and Hdawg. With starbucks in hand. It's been too long.

    PS.WHOA to Harrison's guns! and man boobs...

    ReplyDelete