A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Hating on many things

Ever since my pledge to talk about Harrison less, I've been really struggling to think of topics for a post.   My day-to-day is so monotonous that if I talked about that every day, it would be this: woke up, ate three breakfasts, played with Harrison, tried to get a shower in but his 40 minute nap prevented me from one, watched my shows, did some dishes, played with Harrison more, and ate the rest of the food all day. And that's boring.
Wait, you don't think this is FUN? 

Yesterday had a little shaking up due to a trip to the mechanic. Currently, both of our cars are on the fritz. Dave's car lost heat, and since that is the car I primarily drive with Harrison, it presents an issue.
Toasty warm
The windshield wipers on my car broke, also an issue. I went in with my car, and after waiting an hour while I thought they were fixing the issue, the guy came out only to tell me that he was missing a part, and I would have to come back tomorrow after they got it in. So why did that take you an hour? Did you not notice I had a fussy child that demanded to be held the entire 60 minutes, and out of courtesy and kindness, could have hurried up your little diagnosis? If you couldn't tell, car issues and mechanics are really not friends of mine. The best part, it might cost us up to $350. For windshield wipers. Wait, that's not even the best part. The REAL best part is that my car is probably only worth $400-500 at this point. Fail. 

We have entered the month of March, which means my Facebook feed was bombarded with a whole bunch of March Madness crap. I've never cared about this little trend in the past, but that's because I wasn't friends with a bunch of Syracuse fans in the past. March might be my new most hated month of the year. I get it, you are from Syracuse, so you root for them. I'm not even close to being from Indy, and I root for the Colts like my life depended on their wins. However, at the risk of alienating some of my friends, Syracuse fans are like, especially obnoxious (this is probably only because I know so many of them now, that I like, can't get away). It becomes more and more apparent as each March Madness season goes by that I really despise Syracuse basketball more than any other team in any other sport. Sorry I'm not sorry. (and just fyi: to anyone that gave us Syracuse baby gear for Harrison, he will never wear it, and I've probably given it all away already... or at least plan to give it right on back to you when you have children. Again, not sorry.)
Syracuse losses are SO funny 


6 comments:

  1. Car repairs are THE worst. They always cost an insane amount and you never really feel like you got your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I'm confused...your brother in law Dom is a Syracuse alum, and he really thought you were rooting for them.

    My heat also doesn't work, but since I only have to worry about myself, I refuse to bring it to the mechanic, because they'll just tell me to pay lots of money. I bundle up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hate car repairs, but I haven't had to deal with them since I got married. There is a long list of things I haven't dealt with since marriage, like taking my car to the shop, doing taxes, and making the bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiiiiii hater, byeeeee hater :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because I sympathize with your car issues, after finally getting my car back exactly 1 month after my accident, I will choose to ignore your syracuse comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. /dead. What you got against Syracuse. They indoctrinate us with school pride. We BLEED orange. Really. There are some crazy townies with crazy pride though, that I will give you.

    ReplyDelete