A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March Activities

I have to copy my sister and make sure you are all aware of what I am looking forward to in the month of March. However, let me first start by saying that I am sure as hell NOT looking forward to this Sunday, when I will be functioning (or.. not functioning) on one less hour of sleep. Daylight savings time- while I enjoy you in the Spring because you bring longer stretches of sunlight, I cannot handle you robbing me of a much needed hour of sleep.
I guess I'm not alone

1. I am such a sucker for Dancing with the Stars, and I really am not ashamed to admit this. I forgot to mention in my post about my Gram, is that I also get a love for trashy reality television from her. Since no one else in my family is a devoted viewer of all of the Housewives' shows, I know this trait comes from her. Anyways, DWTS premieres in a couple weeks, and I am counting down the days (13!!). I am already rooting for Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas, and obviously for Lisa Vanderpump and whoever her dance partner is. See, the Housewives win again.
Beautiful, Beautiful people

2. Social Outings. I have TWO this month! Well, two and a half, technically. Can you even get over how popular I am?? My girl friend is having a birthday dinner, and I already made sure Dave can rearrange his insane work schedule to make sure he is home in time for me to go. Second, Dave was invited, with a plus one, to a Celebrate Agriculture dinner and I get the be the plus one. Not quite sure what to expect as we celebrate agriculture, but hopefully it includes a scrumptious meal, and an open bar (really rooting for that open bar but I think it's a long shot). Afterwards, we will be hightailing it back to Brockport because my favorite band everrrr is playing. The best part is that we have the babysitter covered, so that's like, 6 hours of freedom, food, and wine.
I'm drunk too!

3. Harrison crawling, hopefully. He is SO close, I feel like it could be any day now. But watch, I just jinxed it, and he will accomplish this milestone in his 8th month of life instead.
Yeah, I do what I want.

I'm actually surprised the mother of the genius child that rolled over and laughed at 6 weeks, and said "dada" at 4 months, didn't claim her daughter was crawling 3 months ago.
If you think we didn't evolve from apes, here is your proof. 

What are you excited for this month?


4 comments:

  1. Just think, your sister and I will be up and running a marathon on an hour less of sleep on Monday. I seriously have no idea how I got talked into this race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Harrison he looks like he is about to take off! Also that cartoon is amazing. The one trashy reality show that I could really get behind was Flavor of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He so looks ready to crawl. Now there is a whole other kind of workout waiting to happen. I am really hoping with the time change that my kid will be fooled into sleeping an extra hour for a few days until she gets used to it. I doubt my luck is that great, but here's hoping! And I'm really looking forward to the Bachelor finale next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a blog of a chick who claims her baby started to crawl at 4 months old. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete