A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Crawling, Enough Said.

Thank you for all the kind words after my last post. I was just having one of those awful, overly-hormonal days that every woman has, so even though I knew everything was just fine, it still helped to hear all of the encouragement!

My sister reminded me to keep my head up, because Alumni Weekend is just around the corner. We are a month and a half out, and already have our strategy down.

Just when I was starting to think that leaving Harrison overnight for the first time would be fine, and I shouldn't have to worry, I was presented with a rather huge issue. He has decided that he won't take a bottle. Or a cup. I guess this isn't as huge of an issue as I make it out to be in my own head, because he eats a fairly good amount of solids, so for the 15 hours or so that I might be away, I'm sure my parents can just stuff his face with cereal and sweet potatoes.
I do love dem sweet potatoez

The bottle/cup thing is more of an issue if I want to go back to work. And also if I ever want to put anything else in my freezer. Right now, the contents of my freezer are 90% breastmilk, and 10% frozen food goods. I would cry for like a week straight if that milk went to waste. But, it won't. Because Harrison WILL drink it, from a cup most likely. He rules me the majority of the time, but I WILL win on this issue.

On the same day that we were pinning him down, shoving bottles and cups in his mouth while he was screaming in our faces, he decided he wanted to make us proud in a different subject- mobilization. He crawled! I even have video proof.


That's about as far as we can get him to crawl, and this morning he basically forgot how to do it already, but it still counts! See? Told ya he would be right on track in the 7mo. crawling learning curve. We are calling it a St. Patty's Day miracle!

So while all of you were drinking your faces off for the Irish holiday, that is how we celebrated. What a difference a year makes.
I'm way more fun than alcohol 
Tonight is a very exciting night in my household. It is both the Biggest Loser finale, and the premiere of Dancing with the Stars. How will I decide what to watch, and when? I feel so conflicted. First world problem much?

How did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?







7 comments:

  1. Ugh St. Patricks Day is NOT worth it. I'm still hungover from Saturday. I wish I'd stayed in and caught up on BL in preparation for the finale lol. I'm so old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your St. Patricks day still sounds better than mine. I'd much rather have hung out with a cute, crawling baby than cleaning and doing laundry. BUT, at least neither of us had a hangover. WIN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHOO!!! Harrison crawled!! That's awesome!

    I had a boring St. Patrick's day, too, but that's because I've been out of town for the past two weekends and just wanted to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to watch BL because I have devoted my entire weekend plus the 2 hours after school today to catching up so I can watch in real time and we need to text! If Eric doesn't get home in time I will end him. Harrison crawling was absolutely the high point of my weekend, and I'm also counting down the days until alumni weekend. I feel your determination will win out, and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo for crawling!!! I literally thought of you all night in my pediatric feeding and swallowing class and couldn't wait to get home to leave you a comment. My teacher was talking about how when babies gain one skill it is common (and very normal) for them to show a regression/ small setback in another skill. Then she specifically gave the example of how some babies will start crawling but temporarily regress with drinking from a bottle or cup. Its like she was reading your blog! So I hope that eases your mind just a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you figure out a way to force your will on your baby and get him to take a bottle/cup, please do a step by step blog tutorial. For me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya great blog! Does running a blog such as this require a large amount
    of work? I have no understanding of programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.

    Anyway, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners
    please share. I understand this is off topic but I simply needed
    to ask. Thanks a lot!

    My web page - coffee house

    ReplyDelete