A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Life's simple pleasures

Staying home all day with an infant that cannot communicate with me leaves me a lot of time to reflect on life. Lately, I've been thinking about some of life's simple pleasures that I find myself appreciating more than ever. This post is supposed to make you really enjoy your quality of life in comparison to mine.

1. Showers lasting more than 30 seconds. Sadly, 30-second showers have become the norm for me. I jump in and out as fast as possible in the fear that as soon as I turn the water on and drown out all other noise, that Harrison will start crying hysterically and I will be neglecting him. Also I must point out that 30-second showers may seem like an impossible feat, but for someone who only washes her hair one time on average per week, it is doable. If you think that's gross, so be it. You are really just jealous that my hair holds up looking freshly washed for an entire week.

2. Weekends. I always knew I loved weekends, but I have never appreciated them as much as I do now. Weekends for me mean that I have Dave to help with Harrison and I can do things much more easily, like blog, take a shower longer than 30 seconds, and drink my coffee in peace.

3. Live with Kelly and Michael. Am I pathetic that the thing I look forward to most every morning is a talk show? I'll answer that one for you- yes, I am. I find that my mood for the day is dependent on whether or not I was able to watch Kelly and Michael. The other day, the network was having broadcasting glitches, and switched between airing three different episodes. After about 5 minutes of cutting in and out, they landed on an old episode that I had already seen, instead of the new one. I was infuriated.
a match made in heaven

4. Winning. I really took being a Colts fan for granted back in the day. How great does going like 11-0 to start the season for 3 seasons in a row feel? Awesome. Even more awesome is winning the Superbowl. Now, I live on the edge every week in fear of a loss. Our losing record (1-2) right now is no fun. Its times like these that I don't even mind our bye week.

5. Living with my best girl friends in the best place on earth (...I'm obviously referring to Geneseo). Not that I don't love my life with Harrison and Dave, but there are definitely things I miss. Mainly I miss wearing their clothes, drinking wine and vegging out on the couch at least 3 nights a week, getting my makeup done for me, and dancing on chairs in the kitchen. Basically, I think what I'm saying is that I miss college. Big surprise. Sorry if I'm beginning to sound like a repetitive drone on that note. I'll get over it eventually.... I hope.
This really happened
A blog post without a picture of Harrison?? Never.
pooping.. 


2 comments:

  1. You need to invest a Sony Babycall monitor (it's like 35 bucks) because it has lights that flash if the baby is crying, so you can shower for like a lazy 2 whole minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say: Pic of Harrison in this post...totes doin the duck face. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete