A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, September 10, 2012

I hate my neighbor

Update on the annoying, overly sensitive downstairs neighbor: Yesterday was football Sunday, so normal football Sunday activities commenced, like watching football, having a couple friends over, and eating... nothing crazy. Around 2pm, like a normal person, I got hungry and decided to make some lunch. As I'm making my grilled cheese, I hear pounding coming from directly below me. I didn't think much of it... at first. However, after I took a few more steps, the pounding continued, and this time more violently. I'm hoping you can guess what I'm about to tell you. Yes, you are correct. It was our psychotic neighbor down below pounding on his ceiling in retaliation to the horrible, unacceptable sounds of a person walking above him.

At this point, I was pissed. Obviously the act of making lunch in one's kitchen is an unforgivable crime.  Not to mention doing so at the ungodly hour of two o'clock in the afternoon. Plus, for those of you that haven't seen my kitchen, it is TINY. Like, I'm talking two people is a crowd. The length of the entire kitchen spans probably 6 steps. This is why I cannot fathom how standing by the stovetop, taking occasional steps to the refrigerator in the process of making a grilled cheese was THAT disruptive to him.
I wish
This guy is clearly out of his mind, and an awful candidate for apartment living. If you don't want to hear people walking above you, don't opt for a first floor apartment. Or, better yet, don't live in an apartment building that is very clearly poorly built, where the walls and floors are paper thin. Once again, like the last time, both parties were home all day, so if he really had a problem, he could have easily come up the stairs and said something to us. I was about to go give him a piece of my mind before I realized that wasting the energy on him wasn't worth it. You just can't argue with crazy.

To make matters worse, we had a sleeping baby in the other room that took FOREVER to fall asleep, and if his pounding had woken Harrison up, I would have flipped shit.

So there you have it for that rant.

In better news, I had my 6 week postpartum check-up today and everything looks good! I can't believe its already been 6 weeks since having the little one! Time flies.


4 comments:

  1. This guy sounds like a treat. Normally, I'd say tape a diaper to his front door, but there's not much of a "Whodunnit?" there.

    I once had a neighbor who used to BLAST Nickelback, so remember, it can always been worse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad that your neighbor is awful, but I love these stories so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIX WEEKS?? wtf - how did that happen? Is it bad that I sort of hope he wakes up Harrison while I'm visiting so I can watch it all go down? I mean it's inevitable, so I may as well enjoy it. Bonus points if we are deep into the bottle of wine when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this point, I was pissed. Obviously the act of making lunch in one's kitchen is an unforgivable crime. Not to mention doing so at the ungodly hour of two o'clock in the afternoon. cotton printed salwar suits wholesale , wholesale salwar suit catalogue ,

    ReplyDelete