A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

random assortment

I have a random assortment of topics to discuss today, so bear with me. 

1. Tonight is the first night of football! Horray!! I am a devoted fan of the NFL, specifically the Colts. And when I say the Colts, what I probably mean (although I'm ashamed to admit) is Peyton Manning's Colts. You know, the Superbowl winning, practically unstoppable team from Indy. A brief history of why I became a fan- a guy friend of mine in middle school forced me to watch a football game with him. At the time, all I knew was that I detested football. It was a Bills vs. Colts game, and since he was a Bills fan, I chose to root for the Colts to spite him. And so there you have it.

As excited as I am for the start of the season, I'm also facing an inner dilemma. I have never known the Colts without Manning, so going through my first season sans Peyton is distressing me a little. Its like, I love watching the guy play (I mean really, who doesn't?), so am I going to turn pro-Broncos against my own will? I have nothing against the Broncos other than that they stole our beloved quarterback, and that they are not the Colts. 

Who knows. All I know is that if I'm being honest, if it weren't for all the Colts gear I own, I would probably just jump ship and completely devote myself to whichever team Peyton is on. However, I have way too much Colts merchandise to desert them. Andrew Luck, please give us a decent season.

2. Thought I would share the results of our dinner date from the last blog post. Mexican and margs was pretty much the world's best choice for my first night out on the town post-baby. We dropped Harrison off at my parent's as he was screaming crying, leaving me a nervous wreck. It was my first time leaving him and he was wailing, what do you expect?? Come back to find him sound asleep on my mom, so safe to say he was in good hands. Our meal was amazing, the margarita was delicious, and I only texted my mom twice while we were gone to check in. Successful evening I'd say.


Stuffed avocado yum yum
much deserved margarita!! (I realize it looks exactly like white wine)
3. This past weekend, we brought Harrison to Pennslyvania to meet my gram/his great-gram. The video of their first encounter is on my sister's blog, and it is hysterical. My gram is one funny lady

pretty sure at this point they were both asleep
The drive is about 3 and a half hours, so normally I could cruise through that. I used to be one of those psycho drivers that absolutely REFUSED to make stops for anything besides gas (I'm also a pro at holding my pee so that helped) but now that philosophy is completely out the window. 3 and a half hour car rides mean stopping at least once for a feeding.
daddy and Harrison after a long day of travelling

this is my happy-to-be-alive-for-one-whole-month photo!

4 comments:

  1. Ok I can't share this with Eric because he was so proud of you for not defecting to the Broncos. I think you and I need to have a date night for stuffed avocados. I guess Harrison can come too:).
    LOVE the pic of daddy and son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Peyton Manning so much! I grew up in TN watching him play for the Vols. I'm not a team fan, I'm a Peyton fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost lost me with all that football talk. Thank goodness for baby pictures to save the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Mr. Manning deserves your support. I am glad you got to go out without the baby. I remember doing that when you were young, we didn't have text messaging then.

    ReplyDelete