A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, September 3, 2012

A trip to the Zoo

If you don't already know this about me, I LOVE animals. Therefore, I love zoos. Yesterday was a gorgeous day out, so we decided to take Harrison on his first trip to the zoo, for my enjoyment more than his. I made SURE to document the entire trip for the baby book, but more importantly, for the blog. Duh. 

Thrilled to be there
Dave with his people
Rhinos are pretty adorbs
One of my many obsessions in life is penguins. They are just so great.
THE ESSENCE OF LIFE
Just like a big kitten?
Prime of my Asian... Tourist
Attempting a family portrait. Fail.
The highlight of the trip was easily this occurrence. Some background explanation is needed here. The other day we were watching Rob Dyrdek's new show, Ridiculousness (insert a plug for how much I love Rob Dyrdek. It's a lot). Basically, the show is just a compilation of hilarious videos from the internet. One video he showed was of these two turtles mating,  where the turtle on top (which I'm assuming is the male) was making these really funny grunting noises. Well, we got to experience that in live action. It was quite the sight to see. I tried taking a video, but Harrison's crying in the background drowned out the turtle sex noises. Safe to say Harrison's first trip to the zoo was a success, complete with the passionate love making of tortoises. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to need you to get down to Baltimore STAT. Your prime of my Asian looks terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that turtle sex noises made Harrison cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike is obsessed with penguins, too. I don't get it. He tried to name Bungee penguin when we first got her.

    I really wish there had been a video.

    ReplyDelete