A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend Blues

It's been kind of a depressing weekend for me. It was Geneseo's Alumni Weekend. As an alumni with a deep deep admiration for the place, not being able to go was less than favorable. What didn't help was seeing multiple Facebook posts from those that were going, bragging about how excited they were to be back in the magical land. I'm not blaming them though. Had I been going, I would have done the same thing. I'm just whining that it was like rubbing salt in the wound.

Instead of moping around all weekend though, I decided to be proactive. As in, already making plans for attending the Spring Alumni Weekend. These plans are kind of more in my head right now than actual, but it still counts. I also had one of my best friends come visit to help pull me out of my Geneseo-less depression. I lived with her for two years in Geneseo, so it was as if she brought Geneseo to me.
my glory days
What I love about that picture is that only one of us was wearing her own shirt. Oh how I miss the days of being able to select from a total of 4 wardrobes.

In addition to my visit from Curls (her nickname, that I bet you can figure out the origin of), I also had not one, but TWO people tell me that they were avid readers of my blog! You have no idea how happy this made me. One even said that they were laughing hysterically at it. Shoutout to my phantom readers.

So all in all, even though I wasn't able to frolick around my alma-matter, the weekend wasn't horrible. To top it all off, I had Dave swaddle me.
Pretty damn good impression of Harrison, if I do say so myself

3 comments:

  1. I've often wondered what it would be like to be swaddled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally go for being swaddled right now. I'd go right to sleep.

    ReplyDelete