A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Exhaustion

I don't remember being this tired...ever. Harrison has been the world's worst sleeper lately. The last three nights, for example, I was up at midnight, 2, 4, and again at 6. Then, when you factor in the 30-45 minutes it takes to feed him and get him back to sleep, that leaves about an hour inbetween of actual sleep. Then, to my joy, he is overtired during the day, and extra fussy. By fussy, picture someone screaming loudly in your face and thrashing around uncontrollably. Its fun.

This morning I accomplished my first successful sleepwalk. I had been feeding Harrison out in the living room so that I could watch the Today show, kinda dozed off, then decided it was a good idea to plop him down on the couch and continue my sleep in our bed. Woke up when Dave turned the light on to get dressed for work, utterly confused. I scared the shit out of him, and proceeded to stagger down the hall, to find Harrison patiently waiting to continue his meal. You are probably horrified at my parenting (or lack thereof) so I must point out that this was at most, 10 minutes. The kid was unscathed by the incident, so all's well that ends well.

 **Update: that was all written two days ago. It takes me approximately 3 days to complete a blog post, as I have to squeeze in typing sessions between Harrison's demands. See how dedicated I am? He must have heard me complaining about his horrible sleeping habits, because today he has graced me with not one, but two extra long naps. What a guy.

To ease my recent insanity, Dave and I had a date night last night. We went to the exact same restaurant as our last date night, got the exact same drinks (margaritas!!), and ordered the exact same meal. We like to be adventurous. The only difference was that this time, Dave's mom treated us. The free meal made everything taste better.

Tonight my sister is flying in from Baltimore! Literally could not be more excited. Highlights of the weekend to come: drinking wine (as I have elaborated on previously), delicious food and desserts (my mom is going all out with the cooking and stayed up til 1am last night preparing), meeting Kari aka Running Ricig, shopping spree with Alyssa, and being able to pass Harrison off to my family to rest my aching arms!

I don't have any pictures, so once again I will just throw in some cute Harrison pictures as filler! Enjoy.
Please Mom, no more pictures
He's also very excited for his Aunt's visit!

2 comments:

  1. Omg, I am seriously stoked about this weekend!! See you in less than 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exhaustion is rough! I remember leaving pumped bottles of milk out (after getting up at 2am to pump) and then crying because I had to throw them away (you can cry over that kind of spilled milk).

    I hope he starts falling into some regular sleep patterns soon!

    ReplyDelete