A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Trying to pass for exciting

There really are not any exciting developments in my life, so I'll write about some lame developments and pretend they are much more interesting than they really are.

1. Harrison moved to a new bed. At only 8lbs, he outgrew his bassinet. Not really, but because he's such a wild child, it just wasn't working anymore. He would roll into the sides and cram himself, face down, into the crack between the bassinet and the mattress. This terrified me. I would wake up to see that and think he was dead. Also, he likes to flail his arms and legs and whack them on the sides of the bassinet. This would not only wake him up, but also wake up mommy and daddy, and when that happens, no one is happy. Therefore, we set up the Pack 'N Play in its place. 
Passed out

Last night was our first night trying out the new bed situation, and not jumping to any conclusions, but it seemed to work a little better. Instead of waking up 3 times throughout the night, he only woke up twice. Score. 

2. After searching endlessly for newborn-sized Halloween costumes that appeared to be nonexistent, I found some! Old Navy comes through once again. Dave and I are in disagreement about which one to get, so I am taking a poll. Elephant or Lion? 

I will wait to reveal which costume is chosen until Halloween. Everyone loves a good element of surprise.

Now I face the dilemma of what I should be for Halloween. 

3. My life is so boring, I have to wait weeks for exciting events. The next isn't until a week from today. Next thursday, Dave's mom is coming to stay overnight. She already offered to watch Harrison so that Dave and I can go out to dinner... and even better, it's her treat! Might have to recreate the entire Mexican fiesta that occurred the last time we left Harrison with parents to go to dinner. I really can't help that the margs and stuffed avocado are calling my name.

Next weekend is when Alyssa and Kari come to visit. I've actually been looking forward to this since before Harrison was born. This visit will be epic. It will be the first time my sister and I can drink wine together post-baby. We love wine. Even more than I love wine, I love drinking it with her.  I've specifically been saving a bottle of Apricot wine since the spring of my senior year for us to share and a year and a half later, the time is upon us. Not to toot my own horn, but I am very impressed at my self control in leaving a bottle of wine unopened this whole time. I could not. be. more. excited. 



Mommy is an alch-y and it concerns me

6 comments:

  1. def the elephant costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ridiculously excited as well and applaud your efforts in leaving super special wine in the bottle so long. I'm upset I'm missing the Mexican night though, because I know you actually want company on your date. Harrison should be Aladdin for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elephant of course, then he can be the 8 pound elephant in the room. Although your mom pointed out he'll be like 10 pounds by then, whatever. Also: it takes way less self control when the wine is in our refrigerator :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The elephant costume is awesome!

    I'm so mad I can't come run the marathon with Alyssa and Kari. I miss out on all the fun things being too fat to run that far and too pregnant to drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I like Alyssa's idea of Aladdin! But my real vote is for the lion.

    ReplyDelete