A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Recap/Food Journal

It is 2pm and I am finally free!! After having me hold him since about 8am this morning, Harrison finally went down for a long nap, and mommy gets to be an actual human being! I've realized that the sound of his snoring is music to my ears.

Anyway, thought I would recap the weekend of family, eating, and wine, since I was making such a huge deal about it leading up to it. Alyssa will probably have a very similar post, but since she actually works and I don't, I'm going to beat her to it. Shocking, I know.

Friday night, my sister's flight got in so I met the fam at my parents' house. Dinner consisted of my mom's homemade Mac and Cheese (my favorite Mac and Cheese in existence), but as per usual, Harrison wanted to be held, so my meal mainly consisted of dinner bread. Not complaining though, because it was Wegmans' artisan garlic tuscan bread. Dee-lish. I probably consumed half the loaf. I was able to shove about 5 forkfuls of Mac and Cheese into my mouth, but I've learned that eating finger foods is just far more realistic when holding a baby. I've mastered the art of eating one handedly, and accepted that my meals are all going to have to be food I can pick up with one hand- sandwiches, toast, dinner bread, etc... aka carbs. Also not complaining.

Saturday was a glorious day as well. After finally meeting Kari, my sister, her and I went shopping. Incase you don't know, shopping and clothes are both passions of mine, so this was especially exciting for me! My first real shopping trip post-baby, buying clothes that actually fit me, and not having to spend any of my own money (giftcards) made the afternoon superb. Then, we came back to my parents' house for dinner. Again, the homemade meal was scrumptious, but I was forced into scarfing down bread for the majority of it.
That, to me, looks like one serious case of Baby Fever

haha Mom, jokes on you

These two days were great, but nothing compared to the highlight of the weekend- Sunday night aka wine night. After a year and a half, we got to finally pop bottles.... well, the bottle of Apricot wine anyway. It was just as good as I remembered it. I also had my first glass of Zinfandel. No, not White Zinfandel, that blush shit that I was drinking at 18 thinking it was the greatest wine ever, Zinfandel the red wine. It was so so so good, and probably my new favorite.


To make the night even better, Dave came over, so I was relieved of holding Harrison duty, and actually got to enjoy the meal!

I feel like this post turned into more of a food journal. Oops. I think I was just trying to convey the fact that I no longer have the luxury of sitting down to dinner and enjoying the meal in front of me. So all of you people that can do that, well- enjoy it, and think of me stuffing food into my mouth at the speed of light.


5 comments:

  1. You should put an Ergo on your Christmas list because as he gets heavier, he won't want to be held any less and it can help save your back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend was epic. I feel bad that you barely got to eat except the bread. At least it was amazing bread. I love Zinfindel so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I got to meet you and Harrison! So much fun. Hopefully, next time, I can stick around for the wine at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. امکانات ارائه شده در dance bet

    بدون شک در مورد درک برتری دنس بت 90 تا به این جا اطلاعات لازمه را در دسترس دارید. اما خب با این حال لازم دانستیم که اشاره ای دقیق به امکانات داشته باشیم تا بدانید که با قدم گذاشتن در این سایت چه شرایطی را می توانید برای خود رقم بزنید. پس با ما در ادامه همراه باشید.

    ReplyDelete