A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fantasies

In the wake of yesterday's post about really needing a vacation, I realized that I have a shot at one. You probably already know this about me, but just incase you don't, Kelly and Michael are my bff. I watch every day, and if for some reason I miss it, I cannot go on with my day. If you watch, then you know that they have a trivia contest each day to win amazing vacations.

For the current contest they are running, Soar in Summer Travel Trivia, I have been applying each and every single day.

I already have my plan of attack as to what happens when they call me. Since I'll already be on my only phone, I will be frantically emailing my sister, who will call my stepdad for me to wake him up, so that he can start researching the previous day's episode and provide me with answers.

I also have been channelling all of my non-Harrison energy on this contest. I think to key to winning contests/raffles/the Powerball $270 million lottery, is positive-thinking. I obviously know this works from my experience with Wicked.

I swear the contest is rigged, though. For one, they NEVER pick young people. It's always like 60-year old retired people, who obviously do not need free vacations, since they are wealthy enough to retire at the age of 60. Also, it's always people that live in tropical places anyways. Today, a woman from Boca Raton, Florida was chosen (and she won a trip to.. Florida. Of all places. haha lady). To help my chances, I submitted this cute picture of Harrison and I, because really, how can they turn down that face?

I obviously spend a lot of my free time thinking/dreaming of this contest but there's no need to judge me. You can't tell me that you dont fantasize about unrealistic occurrences? Like the fantasy of kissing Nick Carter on like half of his mouth. Wait wait that actually happened. <3

Tonight, I am having a wine night with my gfs Melissa and Janelle, and meeting Melissa's new puppy. I can't tell what is worse right now- my puppy fever, or my baby fever, but if nothing else, at least the interactions with the puppy will help me overcome my desire to have another child when I can't even handle the one I have.

This weekend, we are trekking up to the North Country to visit Dave's family. Am I wrong for being a little saddened that my first Mother's Day will not be spent sleeping in in my own bed? Like, that is the ONLY THING I WANT. Especially because Mother's Day is the day before I get my wisdom teeth out, and at 4 days out, I am starting to freak the eff out. The plus side is that I don't have to run around chasing Harrison at all Monday, and I can just lay on the couch and laugh at Dave while he does it.

What are your plans for Mother's Day?

What do you fantasize about?

4 comments:

  1. TOTALLY agree about positive thinking and envisioning yourself winning....I swear its the only reason I ever win things! I fantasize about being a contestant on CBS's Amazing Race. I can not even describe how much I want to be on the show and race around the world for money! Happy wine night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a shot. I think the only reason they always pick old people is because those are the people that are home at 9am. I mean, there are stay at home moms, too, but old people have to have them outnumbered, right? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    My mother's day plans are to have an awesome time hanging out with your sister and running 26.2 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh out loud at the airport. I am ON THE CASE. Email me at work and ill be like "silent reading time kids I need to call Vince (aka mr miller)!!!". If they deny Harrison, it is clearly rigged. How was I not aware you had baby fever? Just turn it into Harrison's cousin fever. I got my wisdom teeth out and it was seriously NOTHING do not freak out. Actually two days after I felt well enough to attend your cheer leading event and then find out Jim was cheating on me and pitch a major bitch fit and throw shit all over his apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete