A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Friday, May 3, 2013

9 for 9

Happy 9 Month Birthday to Harrison!
I realize that balloon says, "Congratulations", but just pretend it says "Happy Birthday"

I can't believe the same amount of time has gone by since he was born, as he was growing in my belly. These past 9 months have flown by, and I can't believe how big he is today, when it feels like just yesterday we were taking him home from the hospital. In honor of his 9 months of life, here are 9 things about him:

1. He has learned to give "kisses". His version of kissing is opening his mouth as wide as it can go, and slobbering all over our faces, reminiscent of someone on bath salts eating off the face of another, and yet, I love it SO MUCH.

2. As if napping wasn't a struggle before, Harrison has learned to pull up to stand in his crib. Now, whenever I go in to check on him, he is standing. It freaks me out every time and at first I think, "aw, how cute", until I realize that he is playing instead of sleeping and get more annoyed at the kid's aversion to naps.

3. His favorite snack are Cheerios. Yesterday, Dave remarked that our kid finally likes something that other children enjoy. It's a miracle.

4. His loves juice. Out of a cup. So when there is juice in there, he will chug it like he's been dying of dehydration in the Sahara, but when there is milk in there, he throws a tantrum because it's not a nip. Well played Harrison, well played.
Why thank you

5. His poops smell like buttered popcorn and that, my friends, is something I can live with.

6. He HATES the grass. Whenever we set him in the grass, he becomes paralyzed, but only until he remembers his vocal chords work and starts crying.
Don't even think about it

7. The new record for number of steps taken before falling is FOUR. My 9 month old has taken 4 of his own, not-holding-onto-anything steps. And this is not me being one of those moms that brag about how great their child is by making up preposterous lies. It is the truth!

8. His favorite book is Where's Spot but I have to hide it from him on the reg because he keeps destroying it by tearing the flaps off. As a mom, you learn to hide your kids' favorite toys and books to whip out for special circumstances when you really need them to behave. You see, when you whip it out and they remember how great the thing is, they are mesmerized for way longer than if they were able to play with it every day. Where's Spot has become my secret weapon.

9. I try SO hard to get him to laugh all day, and maybe get a few chuckles out of him, but the second Dave walks through the door, he starts laughing at the sight of him and continues laughing until bedtime. It angers me. However, I am his favorite person on the planet, so I always have that to fall back on.
And you wonder why I don't find you funny.


7 comments:

  1. Buttered popcorn? So strange, but definitely better than the alternatives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I like how you have the my first birthday hat on him extra early. I like learning all these new facts about Harrison, but no mention of alumni weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, was Harrison born on August 3?? That's my birthday!! Also, I will be thoroughly creeped out the first time I find Quinn standing in her crib.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four whole steps! Go Harrison...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I witness number 9 first hand. Dave must be pretty dang funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent way of telling, and good article to take data about
    my presentation subject, which i am going to present in institution of higher education.


    Visit my blog post pieces vintage Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's
    new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!


    Feel free to visit my web blog; eos2.org

    ReplyDelete