A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Wedding Woes

I'm too overwhelmed/obsessed with wedding planning to blog. So sorry.

To update you on my progress so far: last night, I went to my bff's sister's house because the two of them are the craftiest, most creative, event-planner people I've ever met. I thought I was in a for a night of amazing ideas and making some serious leeway on the planning front, but oh no. I basically became so overwhelmed with everything, mainly how much this shit is going to cost, that the entire drive home was spent having a nervous breakdown and crying.

My friends and family all knew that I was destined to be a Bride-zilla, but now that I'm learning that essentially, everything I want to have at the wedding is way too freaking expensive, rest assured people- Bride-zilla no longer.

I still know that the night will be perfect and the most fun so I'm not too upset about these realizations, just a bit disappointed. I'm sure the disappointment will pass when I finally start to get things settled, and can look forward to it more. Right now I'm just in limbo so that's what is stressing me out. I have heart palpitations every time I think about the fact that we don't have a venue yet (ok, so maybe a tiny bit of the Bride-zilla lingers).

So, for all of you that are wondering what I'm trying to tell you: don't have a wedding unless you want to have a minimum of 49832 nervous breakdowns about money. Or, don't have a wedding unless you are a millionaire. Or don't have a child before you have a wedding because the child eats all your money leaving you none for anything else.

Harrison had his 9 month well visit last week, and everything is a-ok. He is in the 30% percentile for his weight, as to be expected. Least chubby baby his age I've ever seen :(. Please Harrison, chunk up for me, please. His skinniness is due to the fact that he's in the 70% percentile for his height, so there's that. I also learned that he has a huge head.

I think at this point, with no pictures to show, and content that was pretty much only my little panic attack, I will end for the day, because obviously, I still need to fit in some wedding pinning before Harrison wakes up from his nap!

What was your last panic attack about?


6 comments:

  1. When I first got engaged, people kept asking me, "so what's the date???" And I was like, give me a freaking month to enjoy being engaged, it just happened YESTERDAY! I went nuts thinking I had to have everything planned right away, but then I got one of those wedding planning binders that spells everything out for you and it calmed me down. I think you can the schedules online, too.

    In the end, I ended up planning my entire wedding in two months (we got engaged and then married 6 months later), so it can be done. Also, our wedding was fantastic and not insanely expensive, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a beautiful lake by my house that I walk around. Yesterday a whole bunch of tables were set out and a gorgeous wedding reception was taking place. The bride looked relaxed and having a great time--no doubt due to inexpensive park wedding! Think outside the box! The typical wedding is just that--typical. Think of less money = the mother of invention = more uniqueness and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely remember a similar panic attack when we got engaged and it sucks because it's supposed to be a super happy time in your life! But obviously everything came together there and it was the best day of everyone's lives and yours will be too. Just take it one step at a time and remember it will still be fun whether or not there is a fancy antique bench with the table arrangements or whatever shit pinterest is trying to convince you that you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Joe and I tried to plan a shot gun wedding for April, after we found out about being preggo. And it was stressful. And Pinterest was almost as frustrating as it was idea inducing. But, we knew we just wanted family and close friends. I think we had a list of like 30 people total (including friends from Rochester). And Joes bro and sis in law have offered their gorgeous house and backyard that over looks the mountains as a venue. Would it be the dream wedding we wanted? No, but there are plenty of vowel renewal trips and weddings we can do. I'd rather have a modest wedding that fits my style/budget and have my daughter be there and be part of it :) Leslie is right, think outside the box! And don't be afraid to get crafty haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well since I am not engaged (cough cough Justin) my last panic attack was 5 minutes ago watching Dexter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the good works guys I've you guys to my own blogroll.

    Also visit my web page - www.securityautomata.Org

    ReplyDelete