A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Alumni Weekend Recap

I hope you all remembered that this past weekend was my Alumni Weekend. I've only been talking about it for approximately three months.

I had been looking forward to this day for so long that leading up to it, I was a hot mess of anxiety and emotions. I couldn't even blog about my excitement for it on Friday, because I was afraid my words would completely fail to convey the epicness that was about to come. I felt that blogging about Harrison's 9 month birthday was a good runner up though. Not the mention the fact that I basically had to pack up every single one of our belongings to bring with us for Harrison's overnight stay with my parents. While this goes without saying, I could not sleep Friday night because my mind was racing.

Saturday morning rolled around and I was ready to go. I wasn't even mad that Harrison woke up at 6:30, completely throwing off my plan/wishfulness that he would wake up at 7 so the timing of everything would work better. Yes, half an hour makes a HUGE difference. I was rushing around, getting the car packed, myself packed, Harrison packed, and even though I woke up 2 hours before I had to leave, still managed to be running late.

I drove like a maniac to my hair appointment, drove like a maniac back home, nursed Harrison real quick, said our goodbyes, and we were on our way! Christmas morning, but better.

Our first stop when we got to Geneseo was obviously our favorite bar, Kelly's. If you think we are the only crazies to go to the bar at 11:30am, you are very wrong. It was so packed with fellow alumni looking to get their day drinking on, that we had to wait at least 15 minutes for a drink. We even managed to restrain ourselves from chugging our drinks to get a picture.

Our Alumni Brunch was next, so we went, ate all the food, and reunited with so many friends. Not sure if it was my lack of judgment in wearing a dress with sleeves, or my the fact that my hormones have clearly not regulated yet, but I was sweating profusely throughout the entire brunch. One of my greatest fears in life is sweating through my clothes in public. It is really embarrassing  This fear comes from a high school reputation of being really sweaty and literally trying every deodorant known to man to solve the issue, and finally having to resort to this prescription stuff that probably burned the sweat glands off of my pits it stung so much. Needless to say, I was really self-conscious of my extreme sweat levels this entire time.

The only acceptable destination to go to next was obviously back to Kelly's, with a quick pitstop at our old college apartment.

IN MY GLORY
Alumni Weekend is not complete unless you Instagram it

This bar is infamously known for pouring drinks that are about 90% liquor, 10% mixer, so here I was, drinking straight vodka pretty much. Being the smart alumni that we are, we decided we needed to chase every drink with a cup of water if we wanted to survive.
Water with a splash of cran or Vodka with a splash of cran? 

And survive we did. By 3pm I was feeling pretty good, and decided that might be a good time to slow down a little bit so that I'd be able to rally for the night portion of drinking.

Got the the hotel, laid in the glorious bed for a little, scarfed down a Wegmans sub, and I was in prime form to get my drink on again. We managed to find rides back down to the bars with like 60yr old frat guy alumni, and went straight to my favorite place on the planet, the IB.
It's just that perfect
The rest of the night was spent mainly in Kelly's, and since at midnight, it was officially Cinco de Mayo, this happened:

Sombrero for the win
Yesterday, my hangover consumed me for the majority of the day, so Dave was nice enough to take Harrison on a walk so that I could nap. You would think a 1.5 hour nap would be enough sleep to rejuvenate me, but I ended up falling asleep for the night at 8pm and not waking up til 6:45am this morning when Harrison was up. I am a professional sleeper, when I get the chance.

All in all, Alumni Weekend was everything I wanted it to be, and now I want to do it again every weekend of my life, minus the hangover.

Did you love college as much I clearly did?

3 comments:

  1. Your sweaty story just gave me flashbacks to middle school. My life was pretty much the same as yours. It was awful.

    I loved college, but I'm pretty sure your love for it beats mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I IG'd anything, meaning my experience was not complete, but luckily Sunday I discovered that was not the case. Alumni weekend should be every weekend. Aka we should all be in college again, without those pesky classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! After all I got a website from where I can truly get useful data concerning my study and knowledge.


    My homepage ... click the following internet site

    ReplyDelete