A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Friday, May 17, 2013

The Condensed Proposal and Wisdom Teeth misery

Well, this happened:
It looks a lot bigger in person, I swear
And then the next day, this happened:
Only Champions ice with breastmilk

So I'll rewind. Remember how I said I was a little bummed that I was spending my first Mother's Day as a guest in Dave's family's house, so I couldn't sleep in my own glorious, comfy bed?

Well, things went a little differently than I had expected. I'm not gonna go through the whole mushy gushy proposal story because no one wants to hear how magical and romantic it was, or at least, I don't care to read that shit on other blogs. We get it... you are in love otherwise you would not be engaged. So I'll give you the condensed version.

Up near where Dave lives in Watertown, is the magical land of Sackets Harbor. Really, it's just a little town right on the lake (for those of you not from Upstate New York, I mean Lake Ontario, body of water of dreams). The North Country is not for me- too cold, too snowy, and too damn hick. However, Sackets Harbor is not like that at all. The best bars, the best restaurants, the best little shops. Ok, so you get that I'm obsessed.

I make it a point to go to Sackets at least once a visit. I would go every night if I could. So, I didn't think anything of it when Dave suggested we head up to Sackets Harbor for a couple drinks. Next thing I know, it's freezing, and Dave wants to go for a walk.... um duh. This girl does NOT do the cold.

Long story short, after the question was popped, and I thought about it for a lengthy period, because it really wasn't obvious that I would say yes, he had gotten us a hotel room for the night in this cute little hotel that overlooked the harbor, complete with it's own fireplace and jacuzzi. He also stocked the room with a bottle of champs. I don't know which part was my favorite: the champs, the jacuzzi, the fireplace, or sleeping in until the wonderful hour of 8:45. Probably that last one.

So all in all, the Mother's Day I was complaining about because I wanted to sleep was actually granted to me, and it was even more amazing than I had expected. Good job, Davey.

The following day, I had the absolute joy of getting my wisdom teeth taken out. I now want to bitch slap every person that told me I would be back to normal, feeling fine, after the second day. I am on my 5th day of still experiencing a lot of pain on the left side of my mouth, still pounding the drugs like an addict, and sleeping miserably. This is all good and fun since I am going out tonight for my bff's birthday, and I'm on both a strict Ibuprofen regimine, as well as the amoxicillin to prevent infection. Not to mention the fact that the painkiller I was prescribed, that starts with a V and ends with an icodin, did jack shit. I thought I would be sailing in the land of prescribed medicine dreams, and instead, I'm feinding for meds every 4 hours of the over-the-counter variety (aka. weak).

For those of you bugging me to write this "Engagement" post, I think surgery is an acceptable excuse as to why it's taken me so long (when really, it's because all of my free time has been 100% devoted to pinning wedding things). I'm also glad all four of my wisdom teeth are out so that I never have to go through this nightmare again.

Was your experience with getting your wisdom teeth removed as bad as mine?


12 comments:

  1. PSH. I WANT TO HEAR THE WHOLE MUSHY GUSHY PROPOSAL STORY! Congratulations, again! So happy for both of you. (I know I keep saying this, but I REALLY need to get myself over to see you asap. Next weekend maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! What exactly is the bottle of champs? I guess I'm one of those people you want to bitch slap, but I swear that was my experience. Maybe they've changed the procedure bc my friend who got hers out recently was on your plan. I really need to see this ring in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the engagement! Please tell me that Harrison will the be ring bearer? Also, my wisdom teeth removal was the worst two weeks of my life - first I had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic and had to be revived on the table then I had dry sockets in all four. Lovely. Breastmilk as ice though.. you win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you guys!!! Not for the surgery, obviously.

    When I had mine taken out, I was out for a full week. I also woke up during the surgery and could hear them drilling, but was so jacked up on drugs that when they told me to just go back to sleep, I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So happy for you. :) Sorry to hear about your surgery... Hope the pain ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to hear the whole gushy story. TELL US THE WHOLE GUSHY STORY.

    Oh, and congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mine was worst I didn't stop bleeding for like 6 hours, threw up because of the meds since my mom mixed up the drugs and double the dose of painkillers and my mouth hurt for a week... I am with ya girl!! ps congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way delayed super congrats!!! Also - dying to know what that nail polish is! I have been searching for the perfect peach all spring - and you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There goes your buzz about the engagement. I hope the pain caused by the wisdom tooth extraction didn’t last long. A couple of days up to a week should have been enough time for recovery. Anyway, I hope that’s the last time you had to deal with something like that. Take care!

    Byron Kennedy @ A Plus Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete