A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Working Out for dummies

I know I'm a little late to this, but incase any of you were wondering, my Thanksgiving went great! The bread was miraculously edible! It tasted great, just was a little dry. Harrison slept through the entire meal, which was yet another miracle.

One of the nights, we got into Dave's old baby pictures, and I have to share the findings. I also must note that prior to this discovery, I had no idea who Harrison looked like. I've been told he has my eyes, Dave's nose, etc... so I guess I could distinguish certain features, but overall, thought he looked like neither. Until now..
Harrison at 3 months

Dave at 3 months 

Tell me that's not like a mirror image? Just put a little hair on Harrison's head and that is the same baby. 

I also got a few workouts in over the long weekend. HA just kidding. I mean, for me they were workouts, but for the normal person who actually exercises more than once every 9 months, they were simple tasks. First, Dave and I had an intense dance battle via Kinect's Dance Central. After about 4 dances, we were both sweating balls, winded, and ready for a water break. This made me feel a little better about my own endurance (or lack thereof) since Dave was equally out of breath. Sweating = a workout, right?

Next, Harrison and I competed in our first 5k! And by competed, I mean walked. I pushed the stroller along at a quite leisurely pace, Harrison slept, and we still managed to pass people. I've never walked a 5k before, so I'd say this was a PR for both of us.

When we got back to Brockport, I had the brilliant idea to put this thing together.
Disclaimer: ladies, a little advice- if there is ever some sort of baby contraption that needs to be assembled, always, ALWAYS have your significant other do it. Up until this point, Dave has put together every other baby accessory- the swing, crib, mobile. I would look on and think: I don't need to offer any help, he's got this, piece of cake. 

Oh no. I was wrong. I consider assembling this silly thing to be my third workout of the week, because I was sweating equally, if not more, than I was during the dance-off. I laughed, I cried, I acquired injuries. And it was all for nothing, because for one, Harrison's feet don't even touch the floor when you put him in it. He has an inch or two left before he'll be able to use it safely. Two, he was content for about a minute before he started wailing. So much for that project. At least I got some cute pictures of a naked baby.

3 comments:

  1. I totally did not realize that it was an actual 5K, I thought you meant you guys just went for a 3.1 mile walk. Can I have a pic of Harrison wearing a race bib? It's ok that it's long over. He does look shockingly similar to Dave, but did you see when Nikki posted pics of her as a baby next to Fiona? That was ridic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harrison definitely looks like Dave. I also want to see pictures from the 5k. Did Harrison love it? Maybe he's a born racer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're brave putting that thing together on your own! Thanks for the naked baby pictures. They are never a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete