A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Excuses

I'm just gonna come out and say that I feel pretty guilty for not blogging in over a week. I'd like to think  I have a good reason for that, but I don't. I'm just full of excuses, so I'll list them off for you to feel sorry for me and sympathize with my blogging inefficiencies (when really I deserve no sympathy).

Excuse #1: Harrison is the world's worst baby. Ok maybe not the WORLD'S worst, but he's up there. It's a weird phenomenon that I love him more than words can say, but I also very seriously accuse him of being a bad baby. I hate when people ask, "Is he a good baby?" and then scoff at me when I say no. It's like, if you didn't want to know the answer, don't ask. Especially if you are planning on judging me if I don't rave about how good my baby is. I'm starting the think the concept of a "good baby" is a myth. Or at least a foreign language in my world.

So why does Harrison's bad behavior mean I can't blog? I've said it before and I will say it again, incase you thought I was exaggerating (which I'm not): Harrison has to be held at all times. The second I even begin the downwards motion to set him down on the floor or on the couch he begins to wail. I allow him to cry only long enough for me to scarf down a sandwich or bowl of cereal, but thats about all I can handle of that dreadful noise. I feel as though the sound of him crying makes my ears bleed. The only reason I've been able to attend to this blog post is because he discovered his feet and is FASCINATED. Videos to come.

Excuse #2: Darcyitis. This was a name my Mom came up with a while ago for the sickness I get like 23 times a year. The symptoms of Darcyitis are sore throat, runny nose, fever aka. a cold. So it's not like I'm contracting leperacy. However, I do tend to get sick more than the average person, so we felt it appropriate to name the sickness after me. I've had Darcyitis the past couple days, so when I wasn't lying helpless on the couch, my only energy was devoted to changing diapers. I had none to spare for blogging.

Now that I'm better, I knew one of my first goals was to complete a blog post. I have to say, I went to dinner with some of my girlfriends the other night, and one of them told me that she is an avid reader, and really nothing excites me more. Thanks, Emily!

Last night was Halloween, so revealing Harrison's costume was another motivator for me to post. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I made one good looking baby. The picture of his costume on Facebook got 90 likes. I'm also not a huge proponent of Facebook, like, the last time I actually posted a status was about two years ago when I thought people actually cared about when I was showering and getting ready to go out. News flash: no one does. But anyways, the fact that the picture got so many likes was not exciting to me on a Facebook popularity level, but rather on a my kid is so darn cute level.

We decided to go with the cow costume after the disappointing realization that both the lion and elephant costumes I was waffling between were both sold out. Sorry for subjecting you to a pointless poll. I'm sure I've mentioned before that Dave's family are dairy farmers, so a cow was the next best option.
I look ridiculous and refuse to smile 

This Saturday is Harrison's 3 month birthday! It does not feel like 3 months have gone by. We had to shoot his 3 month picture a couple days early, becuase my stepdad and mom are on their way to Baltimore to visit my sister and brother-in-law. Lucky you, I'm posting it early. 

Touching his peepee already. I'm screwed. 

I am extremely jealous that my parents get to visit my sister and Eric in the wonderful land of Baltimore. Baltimore got hit pretty hard by the bitch, Sandy, so we are thankful that Alyssa and Eric got out unscathed. We were also very lucky that the storm didn't ravage us, but we were left with one souvenir in it's aftermath:
Wall Boob
That's right: a wall boob. I bet you're jealous you don't have one. 

6 comments:

  1. Thank god blogging wasn't around when I was a baby to traumatize me even more. I know you have more than 90 friends, so I suggest all those who didn't like it see Dr. Brown immediately for corrective action. I sooooo wish the three of you could come! Eventually! We don't have a wall boob, WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also tons of people care if I am showering and then going out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the hell is a wall boob and why don't I have one??

    I like your honesty about Harrison, it's refreshing that a new mom isn't all unicorns and rainbows :). Besides, no one is perfect and Harrison is already the worlds cutest baby, so he couldn't be the best one, too, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point, especially since he'll also be the smartest kid when he gets a little older, so it really wouldn't be fair to all the other babies for him to dominate in every area.

      Delete
  4. I do want a wall boob, you're right. :)

    Harrison is an adorable cow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo I got a shout out!! I usually read your blog on my brand new iphone which I am obsessed with but don't fully know how to work yet, hence the no comment until now :)

    ReplyDelete