A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Baby Rolling

I have exciting news! Harrison rolled over for the first time yesterday! I'm obviously a very proud mommy right now. Who would have thought that like two years ago, my excitement in life came from dressing up for theme parties on the weekend, and now I'm ranting and raving to anyone who will listen about how amazing my son is.

Anyways, the day started off a little rocky. As evidence:

He has a little mouth infection, so I figured the day was doomed with endless crying and irritability. I had to put my foot down. I pretty much thought I would lose my mind if I stayed home all day with that, so I took matters into my own hands and texted my bff, Melissa, to see if she was not working so I could visit. To my delight, she was off for the day, so I packed Harrison into his carseat, and we went on a little adventure. You know when your "adventures" consist of driving into the city of Rochester, your life is pretty lame.

I had recently read that 3 month old babies need to start spending more time on their tummies, in order to develop neck strength and shit like that. So of course I went a little psychotic on the tummy time front, and decided that it was my new mission. This was like a mere two days ago that I embarked on the belly mission. I wanted him to roll over before the 4 month mark, which is the average rate for babies to roll over according to my pediatrician, so I was amazed when it only took him two days of extra tummy time, and 3 months and 1 week to do it!

I don't know what came over me, but it was as if I knew it was coming, because I told Melissa to film the ordeal with her iphone. Sure enough, we were able to capture the moment. Plus, it helps that Melissa is a connoisseur of iphone documentation.

I had to cut the video a little short to be able to send it to myself to get it on here, but you get the jist.

Did I just put myself up to a standard of having to catch all of his "firsts" on video?? Uh oh.

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Congratulations! I love his cute little whale outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even his cranky face is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video didn't load for me! Not sure if it's just me....luckily I already have watched it several times. Who would have thought less than one year ago you would have been blogging about this? Or even writing a blog? I can't believe how proud I am of Harrison! I even showed my coworker last night who I barely know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited I was there to witness such an exciting event!! And I knew my excessive documenting would come in handy one day. So proud.

    ReplyDelete