A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The poor turkeys

Sooo theres a looming event that I am getting really nervous about, and no, it's not the results of the presidental election (because with that, I don't give a f***. oops, I said it). Theres this turkey farm that I have to drive by almost every day, and those little turkeys are not so little anymore, if you catch my drift. They are rapidly plumping, just in time for a certain holiday where millions of them get slaughtered.

To be clear, I'm all for the turkey consumption on Thanksgiving. What would Thanksgiving be without the bird sacrifice? And let's not forget the stuffing. My mom makes the BEST stuffing. So, okay, the turkey is a necessary part of the day.

There have been a few years in the past where I have forgone my own consumption of turkey in order to take a stand. When there's mashed potatoes, stuffing, squash, pumpkin pie, etc etc, the turkey isn't so missed. Take my word for it.

I have not decided this year if I will be eating turkey or not, but I can tell you that I am seriously dreading the day when there are no turkeys left at the turkey farm. Driving past and getting to see their little selves clucking around and frolicking away really excites me. It is easily my favorite part of the drive. That may sound extremely strange, but as someone whose power animal is a bird, I connect with my fellow bird species.

I even dressed Harrison up as a turkey in respect.


I look ridiculous. 

But for the sake of your blog, I guess I'll smile

haha I lied. I just needed to throw some pictures in here and pretend that they are related.

4 comments:

  1. First, what is a power animal?

    Second, is there anything your mom can't cook or bake amazingly?

    Third, you really don't need turkey on Thanksgiving. I haven't had it in years and definitely don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love how you pity the turkeys, unless they taste delicious. Lets dress Harrison as a turkey for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, 1. I'm insulted that you claim Harrison's AWESOME girafffffffe hat to be a turkey. And 2. I TOTALLY thought about the turkeys on that turkey farm earlier this morning, wondering if their little fat selves were still gobbling around. :(! It's my favorite part of the drive too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Turkey hat may be the best thing I've seen in days. My Monday just got brighter :)

    ReplyDelete