A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

finally some excitement

Ok, I cannot tell you how happy I am that my life finally had something exciting enough to write about. This past weekend was pretty much fantastic. Friday, I can't remember what we did. That's mommy brain for you. Saturday was my college roommates reunion sleepover night! The last time the four of us were all together was when I was still pregnant, so this was way overdue. 
kewl self-timer photo

I had them over to our apartment, because Harrison is far too high maintenance to go anywhere else. I had my concerns about how Harrison would behave, and/or if I would end up getting any sleep when you combine staying up til the wee hours of the morning chatting with the girls, and Harrison waking up on the reg. I was in some serious 12-5 withdrawal though, so I decided one night of even less sleep than usual wouldn't kill me. Plus, he had been sleeping pretty decently leading up to this... key word is had. 

Dave was nice enough to watch Harrison while we went out to dinner, and needless to say we all pigged out and drank wine. I can't even lie and pretend that I'm a wreck when I leave Harrison's side, its pretty freaking great actually. Somehow, it is relaxing and freeing and much needed, yet I need to hug him the second I walk in the door and ask him how much he missed me. Call me a hypocrite. 

When we got back, is pretty much when shit hit the fan. We accidentally woke him up, and let's just say he was not happy. The next few hours consisted of a lot of crying, inbetween brief lapses of sleep. I guess it was too good to be true to think that he would just magically go to sleep at his bedtime and stay asleep to allow me to hang out with the ladies stress-free. Once we finally got him to sleep, we had a great time drinking (more) wine, playing games, and obviously reminiscing about our crazy ways in the 'Seo. 

Sunday, we braved our way to Letchworth State Park. I say braved because it was a little over an hour away, so that in itself is a hefty mission to take on, since Harrison has become the only baby in history to dislike carrides. The park itself requires a lot of hiking, so we decided to try out the baby carrier for real. This was also concerning, as any time I've attempted to put him in that thing has not gone swimmingly. Much to our delight, he was pretty content being carried around all day (who wouldn't be?) and even fell asleep for a short period. Plus, being anywhere close to Geneseo and/or doing anything that reminds me of Geneseo is a win. 

ghetto baby
the boys. Harrison looks THRILLED
I would have appreciated this family portrait a lot more if my hair wasn't sticking up like Alfafa. 
selfiesss
Heaven? No, just the magical land of Letchworth
This weekend is Halloween weekend and probably for the first time in my life, I'm not dressing up. Can't say I'm upset about that. Harrison is taking one for the team. Stay tuned for the reveal of his costume!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend, despite the crying. This makes me want to go hiking, but not enough to change out of my sweats and actually go. So lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the junior prom-esque roomie reunion photo. I think I've commented this before, but I'm gay for your relationship. I expect Harrison to get with the program and show some appreciation next time Geneseo alums come visit or he gets to go on a trip to Letchworth, but I'll give him a pass this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of times when babies hate car rides it means they feel car sick. Just take this as a warning to always travel with a towel and spare baby outfit :)

    I'm glad you were able to have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete