A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Non-human Babies

I'm slightly obsessed with animals. Especially baby animals. So when my doctor told me that this weekend was the last weekend I would be able to travel before the baby comes, combined with the fact that my boyfriend's family owns a large dairy farm in the North Country and they just had baby goats- I was sold.

 I took a half-day from work on Friday so that we could leave for good ol' Watertown, NY and arrive sometime mid-afternoon. About 45 min into our 2 and a half hour drive- the car breaks down. So picture an almost full-term pregnant lady stuck on the side of the thruway, with semi's whizzing past at upwards of 70mph, and 90+ degree heat. FUN.
I had to try to convey just how wonderful it was to be roasting in a broken down car.
 The tow truck comes, tows us about 5 miles to the nearest mechanic, we wait about an hour and a half, and supposedly they fix the car and we are good to go. Start driving for another 10 minutes and we break down again. So a 2 and a half hour drive turns into a 7 hour excursion. Eventually, we made it to Porterdale Farms, and it was all worth it to see these little cuties.
Oh hello Little Friend

Dave's response, "Goin straight for the boob, atta boy".  
After I got to love on the goats, and take about a hundred pictures of them, we got to spend basically the entire weekend here:
Dave's best friend's family owns a camp on Pleasant Lake. The name doesn't lie. I basically got to relax in the sun all weekend while reminding myself that in about 3 weeks, there will be no more relaxation. For 18 years. Probably longer. 

Tonight I am having a girls night. I don't know if any of you are avid Sex and the City fans like my sister and I are, but I envision the night consisting of them helping me unpack clothes while also holding up score cards to rate my various outfits (the scene from the first movie when Carrie is packing up her apartment to move in with Big). Possibly also them drinking wine, and me salivating over it.


6 comments:

  1. And girls night turned into a full on slumber party! Which is currently taking place, and I'm loving it. Also, the caption under the baby goat pic of him goin for the boob is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!!! I loves that baby goat!! I'm glad you eventually got to enjoy your weekend! I can't wait for the baby!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to adopt a baby goat. Think of the possibilities, I'd never have to mow the lawn again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you know I hate animals but that baby goat is freaking adorable. I can't wait to see George's.

    Yesterday I randomly found the last hour of Sex and the City (the movie) on TV and got sucked in to watching it and sobbing - and then later that night, I did the exact same thing, AGAIN.

    No relaxation, except when little Peeta's aunt and uncle come visit and babysit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd say "Screw the goats" the second time the car broke down haha. But they are cute! I've always wanted a pygmy goat of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby goats are so cute! My mom wanted goats for years but my dad managed to talk her out of them every time she got serious about looking for some.

    ReplyDelete