A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Due Date #1

I felt the need to blog today, since today is the first of my due dates. A lot of people around my office have been asking me, "So when are you due?", which gets kind of repetitive and annoying. Today is a little more fun though, because I'm able to reply, "today, actually" and watch their facial expressions get all sorts of freaked out. Like, why is this pregnant lady standing in front of me if she's due? Shouldn't she be in a hospital somewhere?

It's also very annoying that now, on a daily basis, my co-workers will come over to my cube, pop their head around the partition and act so surprised to still see me sitting at my desk. Then excitedly ask me why I'm in the office instead of in labor. People- if I had gone into labor and was not at work, I think the news would be circulating the office pretty quickly. You will KNOW when I'm no longer here because I'm busy popping this baby out.... so STOP asking. So there you have it for my pregnancy rant of the day.

In all seriousness though, I really can't believe today is the first of my due dates. The second (and more accurate) due date is July 30th, which is only 6 days away. It's crazy how real this is all feeling now that I've finally made it to the first of those highly-anticipated dates. Surprisingly, I'm a lot less panicked and scared than I thought I would be. I can't tell if this is just the calm before the storm, or if I've just spent too much energy already obsessing and freaking out about every possible scenario that can occur during labor, and I'm just ready to get it over with. In either case, my current outlook is "let's do the damn thing" and I hope it sticks until the time comes.

Thought I would leave you with a few shots from the maternity shoot we got done last week! My friend from Geneseo, who is obviously extremely talented since she did also go to Geneseo, was nice enough to take some pictures for us at a local park. Her photography is beautiful, so we were really lucky to get to use her! I've only been able to see a handful of the photos, and she is sending the rest to us this week, so stay tuned for more.

4 comments:

  1. I love the second pic so much!

    Can you just start messing with people, being like "oh crap, you're right, pretty sure my water just broke, can you help me?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Alyssa, it's time to start messing with people.

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete