A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Last minute preparations

Time for my weekly post! I really wish I had the blogging endurance to post more often, but I just feel like nothing in my life is that exciting that it deserves its own entry. Or that I'm not creative enough to think of posts on a daily basis. And I get lazy/forgetful about picture taking. I will work on these. Plus, like Kara said, pretty soon I'll have plenty of cute baby pics to add to this thing.

This weekend was devoted to last minute preparations for baby! I had definitely reached all-out panic mode after realizing that my to-do list pre-baby was getting a little out of hand. It looked somewhat like this:
  • Wash ALL of the new baby clothes/blankets/burp cloths/sheets/covers/bibs, etc... (while taking as many trips to and from the laundry room as possible, to really piss off our downstairs neighbor)
  • Get the car seat in the car
  • Pack my bag for the hospital 
  • Put together items that were still in boxes (cradle n' swing, jumperoo, breast pump)
  • Finish and send thank you cards for shower 
  • They obviously don't clash with the yellow wall...
Prior to putting the car seat in the car
This, ladies and gentleman, is called "nesting". Fortunately, with the help of my boyfriend, I got most of the items on the list done. So now, when the entire world feels the need to ask me if I'm ready to have the baby, and I really want to scream in their face, "is anyone really ready for that sh**?", I can at least say yes, or some variation of that.  More like, ready-ier.

you mean to tell me that sports bedding and a rainforest mobile don't normally go together?

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. I am trying to get as much relaxation in as possible while I still can. Friday night, I went to dinner with my girlfriends, had some delicious sushi (don't judge me for eating raw fish- I read its fine as long as it doesn't have high mercury content), and forgot to take a picture of it. Saturday, we went to Melissa's for some pool/dog-a-palooza time. She was dogsitting her sister's two dogs and has two of her own, so I was in heaven.

He has a way with the ladies
However, Saturday night was spent convincing myself that I was going into labor due to some excruciating stomach pain. In retrospect, it was probably my gull-bladder, but you can't really blame someone who was 3 days away from her first due date for thinking the pains were contractions. After waking up Sunday feeling completely normal and having no other signs that I was in labor, I took a hint.

On a positive note, found these in the store.
Pure Genius


7 comments:

  1. Wait, you're allowed to have REAL sushi?? This is bullshit. My doctor said no. :( Mine won't even approve LUNCH MEAT unless I microwave it first until it's steaming.

    I thought I was jealous of Alyssa getting to run that 50K yesterday while I had to just watch, but now I'm way more jealous of you for the sushi thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the baby basically just chilling in there at this point, or is he still developing? I've never been preggers so I really don't know.

      Delete
  2. Now I want sushi. I can have it whenever I want, but Mike hates it, so I rarely get it. My life is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, he's almost here!!! is basically all I have to say to this blog post. Who got you the breast pump?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The breast pump giver is a mystery! They will not reveal their identity until after the baby is born... or something. I don't ask questions anymore.

      Delete
  4. I believe the correct title for the "to-do list" is the "honey-do list", unless of course I dreamt of installing the car seat, running the laundry up and down the stairs, putting the swing together, etc

    ReplyDelete