A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Scary Living

Some scary and not-so-scary events are happening over here at Harrison Mansion.


Scary: Destruction

I swear I didn't do it
If you cannot tell what is happening here, Harrison ripped a flip-photo off of his favorite book. This is especially funny to me, because my mom and I just had the conversation that when my sister, brother, and I were babies, she had to purchase a new book for each baby because of the destruction of the one before. On this issue, I'm just gonna keep telling myself that at least he likes books.

Scarier: Breaking into things

The other morning, I looked away for maybe 10 seconds, and found this lovely scene:
Now how do I get this into my mouth?
He found his canister of snacks, somehow managed to get it open, spilled them everywhere, and went to town. I guess I wasn't too mad, since this kept him occupied longer than any of his toys will, and I was able to drink my coffee for a magical 15 uninterrupted minutes. I also was not concerned about him eating off of the carpet. Why? Because I'm that great of a mother, that's why.



Scariest: Pulling up.

Hot damn. I thought I would be excited for Harrison to reach this stage of development, and I kind of am, I guess... but it is terrifying! I run into the kitchen for a snack, and come back to find the baby that I left in the middle of the living room floor, staring at me from a standing position next to the couch. WHAT?? Remember when you couldn't even lift your own head up, Harrison?


It also resulted in about 5 falls and bumped heads yesterday, and one already today, so this stage is proving to be really fun.

Not Scary: Expression of emotions

As seen in the swimming ordeal, Harrison maintained a strict poker face throughout all of the activities that other babies thoroughly enjoyed. That's just like him to be the most uncooperative baby of all the babies. However, after three days of forcing him to go swinging and determination that I would get a smile out of him, it has happened.

THE CUTEST
My takeaway from this post is that most of the occurrences in my life are scary. Like the past three days of thunderstorms. I am so freaking terrified of lightning. Never knowing where or when it will strike. How is one supposed to live with that?

In the most random ending to a post, do you enjoy thunderstorms?

9 comments:

  1. I love thunderstorms. (Unless I'm driving.) The wildest I've ever experienced were in Australia. But I don't want to get anywhere near lightning ...

    These photos are the best!! So cute! The look on his face in the first one is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That carpet looks clean to me. I mean, what's a little extra fiber in his diet, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too! Sitting on the balcony watching them is the best.

    Doesn't it seem like the kids with the totally germaphoic mothers are the ones who are always sick? Plus, who among us hasn't followed the 5 second rule here and there?

    I feel bad I didn't realize you posted this so all my texts this morning probably didn't help you with your fear factor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THAT SWING PICTURE.

    Also, thunderstorms = awesomeness. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy thunderstorms, but I like the gibbons at the zoo more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thunderstorms are ok, I guess. In all honesty I don't get what all the hype is about. I'd take a happy, swinging baby over a storm any day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is getting so big! The thunderstorms scared me too last night... Did you ever see that movie, I think it was Benjamin Button, with the guy who got struck by lightning like 7 times? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The carpet comment just made me laugh out loud to the point that co-workers asked what was so funny. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is among the most significant info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really nice :
    D. Good job, cheers

    Here is my web-site: diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete