A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Ragings

I had a pretty raging weekend (for me), and am really proud of myself.

Friday night was the standard pizza night, with a twist, because it was Dave and his brother's birthday. They had a gift exchange, we had cake, and we were in bed before 10pm. Obviously, this does not count towards the raging.
This is my definition of excitement

Saturday, Dave's brother was nice enough to babysit so that we could go out to dinner to celebrate Dave's birth. We had heard of this amazing band, Something Else, that all of our friends love, but we had never seen play. Luckily enough, they were playing in Brockport Saturday night, so that was that. We went to dinner, then made a pit stop at our friends' apartment for a little beer pong, as per my request. I feel saddened that my life now presents very few opportunities to play beer pong, so I was pretty much in my glory. We finally made it to the bar where the band was playing by 11, and almost immediately I fell in love. They were one of those cover bands that knows every song, and all the best songs. Needless to say, I let it loose on the dance floor.
Incase you wanted to see what I look like while breaking it down. To Single Ladies, how appropriate.
Prior to going out, I was nervous about staying up so late. Yes, midnight is extremely late for me. However, when midnight rolled around and I was still dancing away, I realized I did not want to leave, and requested our babysitter stay an extra half hour. I know, I'm a daredevil. I know my life is really challenging, because the challenge of staying out til 12:30 presented itself, and I succeeded with flying colors.

Consuming about 3.5 beers over the course of 4 hours had me passed out the second my head hit the pillow, but what really amazed me, was how hungover I felt the next morning. Back in the day, I almost never got hungover, and let's just say I drank way more than 3.5 beers in a night. So although my drinking abilities are pathetic, I was still able to get my shit together and prepare for our Superbowl Party.
Didn't have room the for S, but you get the picture

I don't have much to comment on about the Superbowl, but what I will say is that Harrison performed a miracle. He got woken up about 10 minutes before halftime, and was pretty upset. He was screaming so hard, I for sure thought I would have to stay with him and miss Beyonce. I gave him one last pat before she went on, and then in my hypnosis by her performance, completely forgot about him, and ran to check on him quickly. He was magically asleep  He put himself to sleep so that mommy could watch Sasha Fierce. What a guy.
I'm the best, I know this

And also, the blackout gave me the perfect opportunity to pump without missing any of the game. Thank you, Superdome.

Lastly, GO RAVENS.


6 comments:

  1. How do you remember what song was playing when that picture was taken? And why does my body look ten times bigger in it? What a guy indeed. I believe the Ravens should be giving him a shoutout for assisting in their victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a band like that at our wedding. I love them so much. They never play close by us, though, so I don't get to go see them play unless friends get them for their weddings.

    Harrison really is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would love something else!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just like to point out wings were made, and they were awesome. From Dave.

    ReplyDelete