A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow makes me cranky

Today, with the blizzard coming, I didn't have much planned. I knew I had to get to Wegmans sooner than later, so that we would not starve being snowed in for days. I thought I would be ok to let Harrison take his first nap, and head out afterwards. Um, wrong. The snow is coming down so hard right now, I'm nervous to even drive up the road 2 minutes to reach my destination. I don't think I have a choice, because we all have to eat. This is why I hate the snow, and why I hate anyone that enjoys the snow. I don't think I get more infuriated then when I see tweets and statuses about "yay it's snowing!" Go eff yourself.
I hear ya, kitty


So if the snow didn't make this Friday suck so hard, Fridays are already a cock tease. Now that tax season is upon us, Dave has to work Saturdays, so Fridays just feel like a second Thursday, and that feeling blows. The weekend doesn't start until Saturday at like 3:30, and when the weekend is only one day long, it's quite the bummer. I know I can't really complain, because I'm not the one of us who actually has to go to work, but I can still whine. I do love a good whine.

The only thing that makes our lives more exciting around here is our newest addition to the fam: our deep fryer. Best purchase ever. Dave made some scrumptious homemade wings for the Superbowl, and ever since, we have been scheduling the next fried food to try. Fried food is the best, and anyone that disagrees can leave this blog now. Tomorrow night's dinner will be our second foray with the fryer- chimichangas. Following closely on the menu are fried pickles, french fries, and Dave's request: fried bacon. I don't know if fried bacon is a possibility, but I sure hope it is, because if that doesn't sound like heaven then I don't know what does.
Trust me mom, you don't need the fried bacon

I know just yesterday I posted about my excitement over Harrison's new teeth (yes, two), but that excitement ended quickly, due to the fact that last night, he woke up at least once an hour, and sometimes multiple times within the hour. I lost count of how many times he actually woke up, but without exaggerating, it was close to ten. Don't they say you can't get a restful sleep unless you reach the phases of deep sleep? Because I'm pretty sure neither Harrison nor I were able to achieve that last night.
I'm innocent!


To make matters worse, I was told again that I must give up caffeine. I know I discuss this issue more than any other, so I hope this gives you an idea of how serious this is to me.
Are you seriously going on about the caffeine again?

Caffeine is life, so if you want me to give it up, plan on me not being able to continue living. That sounds dramatic, I know, because I'm sure plenty of people live very productive lives without caffeine  but those people are crazy and I can't be friends with them.

Monday is Harrison's 6 month well visit, and you better believe I am asking our pediatrician the true status of the caffeine issue, and voice recording her telling me that one cup a day is fine.


5 comments:

  1. Who said you have to give up caffeine?? I don't have ANY and sometimes my baby still doesn't sleep. It's just what babies do.

    I hope we can still be friends, I don't have caffeine because after I had an ulcer I am really sensitive to it and too much makes me feel icky for hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have to give up caffeine? Can't you just have it like an hour before feeding and then it's out of your system? That blows!

    I like to look at snow, but snow itself is the worst. If we lose power because of this, someone is getting punched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told to give up caffeine because it may help with a dizzy issue that I have, but there doesn't seem to be a correlation, so I've gone against doctor orders. Take that, doc!

    How could that adorable face be anything BUT innocent?! Holy mother of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.my.god. Make those fried pickles STAT and then post pictures so I can drool at work. I freaking love pickles, and add friedness to it? Well, I mean self explanatory.

    Also, again, props to the pics and captions. Lovelovelove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.

    Feel free to visit my web-site - Naked Bodybuider (wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete