A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Shots Shots Shots... Everybody!

Harrison had his 6 month well visit this morning. Going into it, I was extremely nervous. He had to get three shots, and thats the most he's had to get in one sitting. As Harrison likes to prove me wrong in life, I figured he would be a crying, hot mess and then cranky for the remainder of the day. He was such a trooper though! He cried for about a minute, then settled right into his carseat, with his pacifier and his bear, and basically passed out as soon as I turned the car on. When I got him home, he was laughing and playing like usual, which is probably more than I can say for myself if I had to get three shots in my legs. Especially the little chicken legs that he has.
I can handle it,  I'm a grown ass man. 
However, I should have known he would be a champ at shots because once upon a time, I was also a champ at shots (the liquid, alcoholic variety) and the song, Shots by LMFAO was my life anthem.

Speaking of chicken legs, a few of the other tidbits I gathered from the visit:

  • He is in the 66th percentile for his height, and the 26th for his weight. Meaning he is a tall, gangly baby. Fat babies are so adorable, and squishy, but the more I think about it, the more I am glad that he is a not a chunker. With how much I hold him and carry him around, I'll take the 26th percentile.
  • I am screwed on the sleeping front. I asked the doctor for recommendations about how to help Harrison sleep through the night (or at least wake up 1-2 times instead of 6), and how to help his napping abilities, and there really is no help. The only way to get him to wake less during the night is to wean him early from his pacifier and that sounds like pure hell. Although, it really can't get much worse than it is now.
  • He has beautiful skin (the doctor's words, not mine, but I couldn't agree more).
I did a side-by-side comparison of Harrison's 1 month and 6 month photos and the results will shock you:

Ok, so maybe not as mind blowing as I like to think it is, because all 1 month old babies basically look like aliens, but I do love to admire the fruits of my labor (aka breastfeeding). 

I had a really uneventful weekend, so sorry for boring you all with details of Harrison's health, and nothing else. 



4 comments:

  1. Can you teach him to suck his thumb instead? That way he always can find it at night?

    I don't know, neither of my kids would take a paci. They are jerks that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The caption on that first picture made my day. Hilarious.

    I have no idea about weaning him off his pacifier. My sister used to have two. She'd suck on one and rub the other one on her face. I just sucked my thumb like a normal baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister used to be obsessed with pacifiers too. Those pictures DID shock me and that's even despite the fact that I've spent extensive time staring at both of them in the past. I have a vague memory of Dom yelling "DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE DAVE" to the tune of shots the night we met him...did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I had to comment to tell you that I was laughing out loud at the part about Harrison being good at shots because you used to be a champ at liquid shots!! Also, I agree that his skin is flawless!

    ReplyDelete