A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Monday, June 3, 2013

I love lists!!!

I can't believe it's already June. Well, actually I can, because it was 90 degrees over the weekend and I was melting in my un-airconditioned, second floor apartment.

I do have some good news!

1. My crotchety neighbor moved out!!! HALLELUJAH. PRAISE JESUS.

2. Harrison has reached a new record of number of steps taken in a row without falling: 15. Also, he just turned 10 months today!
One-handed walking is almost proof. I just wanted to show the cuteness

3. Wedding dress shopping appointments have been made. Forget that we don't even have a wedding venue yet- as long as I have a dress, right? This girl loves to shop so I don't think I have ever looked forward to anything more in my life.

4. Harrison is currently on his way to a 2 hour nap. You have no idea how happy this makes me. SO HAPPY.

5. Baby shower. I know some women dread these like the plague, but this one happened to be for my bff  and it was the first time really seeing her bump. Sexually harassing her bump was so fun, and only second on the fun scale to holding a newborn child, which I get to do in approximately two months. Horray.

The bad news:

1. Harrison is a little devil/criminal/caveman because all he wants to do is destroy all of the things and eat all of the things. I swear his only concerns in life are: What can I put into my mouth and rip to shreds with these dagger teeth, or What can I put into my mouth that's devourable?

I had the joy of stumbling upon these sights yesterday:

2lb canister of oatmeal everywhere. Just everywhere.
The culprit
So that was fun. I actually wasn't even mad because we have had that oatmeal forever and never eat it, and the look on his face was so hilarious that I couldn't do anything but laugh.

2. Dave took Harrison to the beach without me, and gave him ice cream for the first time, and I was not there to witness it. This had me fuming/depressed/crying. I missed my own son's first taste of the creamy deliciousness that I am so fond of? Like wtf. However, Dave caught the cutest face ever in the aftermath, so I've recovered.
WHY IS THIS SO GOOD?
3. I fear that I am drying up and this fear is consuming my life. I really wanted to make it to a year, which I'm not even sure is realistic since Harrison's two front teeth have become my new arch nemesis. I don't think details are necessary, but just picture blood. Anyways, I have two months left and my only goal for these next months are to squeeze out every last drop and make myself one of those stellar moms who breastfeed until a year.

I am also relishing these last two months as the last 60 days before Operation Wedding Starvation commences. Jokes.. but like, the endless, no-guilt eating spree is about to be over (so I guess endless is not the right word), and I am sad about it, and living it up while I can. Burgers every night, please and thank you.

What is the one food you would eat if no calories were involved?



6 comments:

  1. YAY! Your neighbor is gone! Commence tap dancing in the middle of the night!

    Dave should have at least video taped the ice cream adventure! So rude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to let you know (I probably should, legally) that I show photos of Harrison to people on the reg. Also, no surprise, but I would eat pizza. And more pizza. With a side of ice cream sundae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to let you know (I probably should, legally) that I show photos of Harrison to people on the reg. Also, no surprise, but I would eat pizza. And more pizza. With a side of ice cream sundae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the top teeth are worse than the bottom teeth? Oh god.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say how much I love that you called him the "culprit"? Also, Reese's. I will also be drying up shortly but will enjoy a king size package of Reese's every night until then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My motto is "if you are skinny enough to get engaged, you are skinny enough to get married". I didn't even remember saying that, but then your other self reminded me that she had been living by those words at her bachlorette party.

    ReplyDelete