A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Walk This Way

I've been very excited to write this post, but I was waiting until the right moment. Aka, waiting until I got a really good video of the action.

Harrison is officially walking. Here is your proof:
This is both exciting and terrifying. Although, maybe not as terrifying as I thought. I'm sure the running full speed ahead into sharp edges and planted objects phase is coming shortly, but as of now, he's extremely good at catching himself before a full-on face plant.

It's cute and endearing because all he wants to do is walk. He will fall 237 times in a row, but still get right back up and take a couple more steps. This fearlessness is a good quality, maybe for now anyway. Sometimes actually I think he is a little too fearless.

Now, we just have to work on the speech. Still have not heard a single "mama" or "dada" or anything remotely resembling a word out of the English dictionary, just a lot of groaning and blabbering. I am being careful what I wish for though, because I have heard from other moms that once they start talking, they never STFU, so I'll stay content in the land of quiet while I can.

Tonight, we were all set up with babysitters to go continue our stint as the Something Else band groupies, but Hurricane Andrea is ruining our shit. They are playing at a local park festival, outside, and I really am NOT a fan of the rain. It is supposed to rain basically all evening, so I'm a little disappointed. However, give me enough cups of beer and maybe I can make that happen.

Tomorrow, we have a couple appointments to go check out wedding venues in the Rochester area. This is partly exciting, and partly anxiety-inducing, since I am scared I will fall in love with one of the venues, then be crushed when I find out how much it is. Oh, isn't that just the life. Fingers crossed!

In the spirit of Harrison's walking, and that I can't get the song "Walk This Way" out of my head, and I like to take polls to help in my wedding planning...

Tell me one song you absolutely have to hear at a wedding. (It's never too early to work on the wedding playlist- I mean, isn't that one of the most important aspects of the night anyway?)


7 comments:

  1. I can't help it...Call Me Maybe still makes me immediately jump and dance.

    Also, I'm gonna say Oh What A Knight is a fun one too.... :)

    I'm a fan of great dance oldies at weddings too. Though I dont have enough coffee in my system yet so those are the only lame suggestions you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely in love with Andy Grammer's Crazy Beautiful and I Choose You lately :) Ahhh so exciting!!! Good luck tomorrow. And congrats on the walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you work around Harrison not drinking milk from a cup? Please tell me your secrets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE his determination with walking, it is so freaking cute. Yeah trust me right around age 5, they NEVER STOP TALKING. Probably before then too, but I'm not familiar with those ages. As I have proven, I will lose my mind if Baby Got Back and Living on a Prayer are not played at a wedding. I also vote for Take Cake Home Tonight, for old times sake. And obviously we need a tap dance to Sweet Caroline. I could think of a lot more but I probably shouldn't take over your wedding playlist. Ok one more. Soulja Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "september" earth, wind, and fire!

    ReplyDelete