A mom's daily struggle with work, play, and a crazy toddler.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Plentiful Life Updates

In the meantime since I've last blogged, Harrison had his speech evaluation. Any guesses as to the result? If you've been reading this blog for the past 7 months or so, then you would know that Harrison has basically zero words, and I've been a hot mess about it. So, as we all knew, and we now have confirmation for: he needs speech therapy.

It's definitely not a concern to me for anything other than the simple fact that he can't talk. All other areas of him as a human showed average results, or above average! My smarty pants was above average for his cognitive skills, and right on par for motor skills, it's just those language skills that are lacking. So that was definitely encouraging and relieving to hear from professionals on the subject.

I'm sure you all knew that update was coming, and so I feel as though some updates on other aspects of my life would be a little bit more interesting to you.

First off: the chip ban. I have that shit DOWN. Haven't touched a chip since I blogged about banning chips, and haven't even really wanted any, except for the time this past weekend when I went to the best Mexican restaurant on the earth with my dad and sister, and it would have been a crime to not partake in their homemade tortilla chips. I admit defeat, but in my defense, I was being greatly peer-pressured and if I only go to this restaurant once every 4 months then I think it's an acceptable time to allow myself a chip or two. 

The dessert ban, however, failed miserably. What can I say? I want a life where I can eat desserts and I don't really think that is such a bad thing. I better rephrase that though- the dessert ban BACKFIRED. I eat twice, if not three times the desserts as I was eating before the ban. I need rehab. 

Now that I've made you read through a long post of nothingness, I'll reward the few of you that stuck it out and read to this point, because this is the biggest news of them all: I got a new job, which requires me to put Harrison in daycare. My feelings on all of this: excited, emotional, nervous, emotional, relieved, emotional... 

Basically, I can't even think the thoughts that this will be my last full week at home with him or the tears start flowing. I'll be sure to keep you posted on how the transition goes. I know it'll be good for both of us, I know this, but please still say a little prayer for my sanity, as I will be a hot mess when I drop him off that first day. 



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job!!! Just think, daycare might be really good for Harrison's speech, too, because he'll be around other kids more! It's a blessing in disguise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on new job--what is it? I agree, it might be fantastic for Harrison to hang out with his homies at day care... and fantastic for you! What does speech therapy for a kid his age consist of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the bath pic - I DIE. Your devotion to the no chip rule is truly mind boggling, very impressed. Clearly a dessert free life is not worth living. People probably skipped dessert the night the Titanic sank, think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job! What have you been doing? I cant wait for a post update :)

    ReplyDelete